The Administrative Clerk is responsible for plant communication (incoming/outgoing), plant clerical support, purchasing, inventory control, accounting and business functions, and providing primary back-up to the Administrative Manager.
- Greet visitors and direct to the appropriate person.
- Answer incoming calls and route to the appropriate person.
- Administer accounts payable functions to include verification of items purchased, invoicing records, coordination with the Administrative Manager, Maintenance Manager, vendors, and other Plant personnel.
- Administer plant payroll to include assembling and reviewing time slips, inputting data into the plant payroll system (if required), distributing paychecks, and generating payroll reports.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and reporting of plant budgets.
- Assist others in the implementation and development of commitment tracking tools.
- Maintain all plant business files and document control logs.
- Initiate all routine correspondence and perform all word processing, with the exception of confidential information.
- Support purchasing and inventory control requirements.
- Perform and complete other tasks as requested by the Administrative Manager.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position operates from specific and definite directions and instructions under moderate supervision. Decisions are made within prescribed operating procedures and guidelines. This position encounters regular, recurring work situations of moderate business complexity with occasional new and varied work situations.
The Administrative Clerk must effectively communicate information to the Administrative Manager and other plant personnel, relative to business processes, and provide suggestions for improvements.
The Administrative Clerk must ensure duties are performed efficiently.
All employees have the responsibility to both the customer and their co-workers to do the job right the first time and to ensure the customer's needs are being met.
The Administrative Clerk reports to the Administrative Manager, and cooperates with all plant personnel relative to the Business process.
The Administrative Clerk has the possibility of working weekends and holidays, as required by workload.
All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes pre & post-employment physical examinations and drug screening.
The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school. Two years general office experience and one year accounts payable experience is required. General accounting experience is highly desirable. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with word processing and spreadsheet application is required. Ability to take on added responsibilities and manage/prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines.
All plant employees must work safely at all times. Working at the power plant may require:
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required.
- Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
All candidates will participate in the post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.