The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will coordinate and perform all plant mechanical maintenance. They will also cross skill to assist in IC&E Maintenance Technicians and plant operations. All maintenance technicians will be responsible for planning their work, obtaining resources, obtaining parts and controlling costs.
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Compliance with all safety procedures.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant mechanical equipment as required to support plant operation.
- Lead routine rigging and lifting operations.
- Maintain lifting equipment.
- Maintain and control spare parts inventory.
- Assist in maintaining print files, vendor files and the equipment maintenance record.
- Assist in requisitioning parts and supplies.
- Operate and maintain the plant mobile equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop and plant environment.
- Train and develop other employees in maintenance skills.
- Assist in the update of drawings and prints as changes are made.
- Provide leadership and job coordination on critical repairs or projects.
- Maintain and repair electrical and pneumatic control systems.
- Assist in budget planning and control.
- Cross train in ICE as time permits.
- Assist in plant operation as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of pipe closures (flanges), gaskets, 0-ring systems, packing and mechanical seals
- Metal and wood working including cutting, shaping, welding
- Use of engine testing equipment: analyzers and test gauges.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a team.
Demonstrated exemplary safe work practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance practices.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Advanced degree and/or professional license preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
Ability to provide proof of legal authorization to work in the US on a full time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All plant employees must work safely at all times. All plant employees must work safely at all times. Working at the power plant may require:
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- All candidates will participate in the post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
This position requires extended working hours and varied shifts including weekend and holiday work. The ability to be "on call" may also be required periodically.