The Warehouse Clerk is responsible for plant clerical support, purchasing, inventory control, accounts payable, and providing primary back-up to the Administrative Manager.
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
* Greet visitors and direct to the appropriate person.
* Answer incoming calls and route to the appropriate person.
* Support procurement and accounts payable functions as needed to include, setting up vendors, creating and issuing purchase orders, verifying items purchased and invoicing records.
* Maintain inventory control requirements to include, receiving inventory, assigning a location, creating new part numbers, tracking materials/parts used and facilitating cycle counts.
* Coordination with Administration Manager on any inventory transactions, issues or problems to aid in monthly reporting.
* Maintain all inventory files and documentation.
* Maintain organization of warehouse and inventory.
* Maintain daily inspection logs for plant vehicles.
* Coordination with Maintenance Manager, vendors, and other Plant personnel to include attending morning meetings as necessary to stay informed of plant activities.
* Perform and complete other tasks as requested by the Administrative Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Support routine correspondence and word processing needs, with the exception of confidential information.
* Effectively communicates information to the Administrative Manager and other plant personnel, relative to office, warehouse and inventory issues and provide suggestions for improvements.
* Operates under moderate supervision. Decisions are made within prescribed operating procedures and guidelines.
* Assist in monitoring of plant budgets.
* Assist others in the implementation and development of commitment tracking tools.
* The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment
* 2 years general office experience
* 1 year warehouse experience
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Intermediate MS Office skills.
* Desire to take on added responsibilities and ability to manage/prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines.
* 1 year accounts payable experience; general accounting experience is highly desirable.
* 1 year shipping and receiving experience
* Forklift and lift truck experience is highly desirable
All plant employees must work safely at all times. Working at the power plant may require:
* Working in varied outdoor environments such as all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
* The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
* Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
* Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
* Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
* All candidates will participate in the post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
* This position requires extended working hours and varied shifts including weekend and holiday work. The ability to be "on call" may also be required periodically.